The CARARE metadata schema defines four main classes of information of which one is mandatory and 228 elements. This allows for completeness while providing flexibility for organisations to decide which data they want to provide for harvesting.
What's in the CARARE schema?
- Heritage asset identification (recommended)
- Digital resource (mandatory)
- Activity (optional)
- Collection information (optional)
- Record information
- Publication statement
- Record information id
- Appellation - title/name + id
- Rights - credit line
- Spatial - named location
- Temporal - start date / end date / period
- Subject / Heritage asset 'type'
- Source (content provider)
- Country (of the content provider)
- Language (of the content)