CARARE ran a series of training workshops for content providers preparing metadata for harvesting and developed these rraining materials to accompany the workshops.
The CARARE training workshops covered:
- Installing and configuring OAI-PMH repository software
- Understanding Europeana metadata models and ”standards” such as ESE and EDM
- Extracting local data into XML-files
- Using the CARARE metadata ingestion and mapping tool to map local metadata schemas to the CARARE metadata schema
- Using the CARARE repository